With technological advancement, it has become impossible to ignore its impact on our daily lives. We live in a digital world. We won’t be able to function and complete tasks if we disregard the importance of technology or try to make things work without its aid. If everyone else is reaping the benefits of integrating technology into their specific field why not take advantage of that as well? Integration of technology into the workspace and into corporate wellness workshops holds the same significance.
Unaware of what corporate wellness workshops are? In simple words, wellness workshops are a support system provided by an organisation to their employees in order to improve workplace wellbeing. These workshops focus on the mental and physical health of the employees and ensure that with their integration of them within the workplace, there will be an increase in productivity and employee engagement.
When looking for jobs, employees search the wellness programs provided by the company. These programs hold a huge part in the decision-making process. It is expected of all businesses nowadays to be providing wellness opportunities. Since it holds such importance, as employers, it is our job to ensure that we are doing everything in our power to meet the worker’s needs.
You may wonder if it is really necessary to incorporate technology into a wellness program. The answer to that is Yes! There are a variety of reasons why technology embedded into wellness workshops will be beneficial to you and your employees. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Technology allows companies to be able to analyse their workers well being through the examination of data collected. No manual data collecting is required which also helps in the process of saving time and as a result, is more efficient and productive.
- There is increased engagement from the employees when the technology is incorporated as it becomes easier for them to track their health and achieve their goals with their personal devices.
- Along with that, it can be more cost-effective as the integration of technology allows there to be the promotion of healthy eating, and as a result healthcare cost is reduced.
- Employees are more likely to be more organised when it comes to managing their health. Mobile phone applications allow there to be reminder sets and help in making to-do lists. Through this employees always stay ahead of their tasks.
Before any changes are made in the workplace, it is essential that employers are aware of their workforce. In order to ensure that all the employees’ needs are being met you will be required to inquire about their preferences and be aware of their needs. Surveys can be used to have a better understanding of the needs of the workforce and the data could be used to implement changes accordingly. Once that is done, identifying the best wellness program which aligns with the company’s vision and mission should be the next step. The wellness program chosen by the company should include a variety of options that could be used as it will foster the needs of each individual and give them the opportunity to use their own preferred method.
Mindfulness practices need to be incorporated into the process to ensure that employees’ stress is managed and their overall wellbeing is improved. One of the ways it can be achieved is by ensuring effective communication is in place. Communication is the key. From informing employees of what is expected from them to updating them on upcoming events, it holds an important role. Employers are required to not only provide the best technology which aligns with the needs of the workforce but build communication tools for there to be continuity in the progress.
Challenges to Consider
Implementing technology is tricky and needs to be thought out carefully. It is important the challenges which may occur are considered appropriately so they can be managed and eliminated. Some of the challenges to contemplate before the technology implementation are as follows:
- It is important that employers are aware of data privacy laws and regulations. Private information of the employees can easily be accessible when their personal devices such as phones and wearables are involved.
- Since the wellbeing of the employees is an ongoing process rather than a one-time thing, it is required that continuous support is provided to the employees. The engaging workshop may not be enough. It is needed so it can be ensured that the employees are aware of how to use technology throughout especially after any updates are made.
- Denial or hesitation upon the usage of technology is another challenge companies should be aware of. Not knowing how to use the technology and putting extra effort into learning are two aspects that can hinder achieving the company’s vision regarding the integration of technology within wellness programs.